Thursday, April 15, 2010

Good Morning!!
So, on Sunday I performed at Directing Actors Gym. DAG is a workshop that occurs every 3 weeks where the selected actors work on scenes. The catch is that you never know who your scene partner will be until you get there..there is no time to rehearse with them to get a groove going. It's all about trusting your partner, listening, and having done your homework. I really enjoy attending and performing at DAG and highly recommend it to any actor in NYC that is looking for a great workout. Thanks to Miles Maker who is the brain of it all. DAG has definitely gotten me cast in plays and enabled me to network network network..and build some cool friendships!
On Monday I attended the Blackboard reading series which is held every 2nd Monday of the month at the cell theatre. The play read was Stranger in my body written by Garlia Cornelia Jones. Wonderful play exploring relationships. It was such an intimate setting that most of the audience expressed (during the talkback) that it felt like we were sneaking into a conversation. That's exactly how theatre should make you feel. Love it. Kudos to Garlia!!! I also enjoyed the Detroit references...Poor Kwame haha.

Alrighty..I'm gearing up to shoot a scene on Saturday that is part of the webseries The Moonsies. This is my first scene to be shot and I am super excited. Got a few auditions tomorrow...let's get it!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment